Established in September 1939, Saint Charles School exists to provide all students with the highest quality Kindergarten through Eighth grade value - based education, which integrates faith with the learning process.
At Saint Charles Borromeo School academic and co-curricular programs are grounded in the Catholic faith and designed to guide each student's academic, spiritual and personal growth.
SAINT CHARLES BORROMEO
Saint Charles Borromeo was born in Italy in 1538. The Benedictines educated him. He was appointed a cardinal by his uncle, Pope Pius IV in 1559 and became administrator of the Archdiocese of Milan. Saint Charles Borromeo is known for founding exemplary seminaries and set up the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine through which thousands of catechists teach children in Sunday school.
- Saint Charles School was established as a Catholic parish school in 1939 with the Sister of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The BVM’s staffed the school for 43 years.
- In 1947, the present school was dedicated and the school had 2 classes of each grade.
- In 1976, the school became a single track school with 1 class of each grade
- Due to declining numbers in their order, the Sisters were unable to provide a principal for the school as the end of the 1981-1982 school year.
- In 1982, the first lay principal was appointed
- Since 1984, the school has been staffed by Benedictine Sisters and lay personnel.
- In 1984, the first kindergarten was opened
- The Pastor, Associate Pastor, and retired Pastor of Saint Charles Borromeo Parish are active participants in the spiritual life of the school
- The BVM’s withdrew entirely from Saint Charles School in March 1992.
- In 2000, a lay principal was hired and most of the faculty members were lay educators.
- Our student population represents a great diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Saint Charles Borromeo School's mission is to prepare our students to become committed Catholics and academically prepared individuals who become life long learners.
The philosophy of Saint Charles Borromeo School is founded on the belief that the Catholic school has a unique function in the community. Involved parents and dedicated and professionally prepared faculty along with support staff is necessary to foster and encourage high academic and moral standards. Recognizing that parents are the primary educators, Saint Charles Borromeo School supports and encourages parental responsibility in educating their children, especially in faith and in developing Christian social values. In cooperation with the parents, the faculty and staff endeavors to educate the whole child, emphasizing the dignity and spiritual development of each individual. The total instructional program, enhanced by religious education, is intended to prepare students to become committed Catholics, who are academically prepared, in becoming life long learners.
Welcome to the home of the Bruins. Our school mascot is a bruin bear and the school colors are blue and gold.